- Preparation of City Council agendas, minutes, resolutions, ordinances, and legal publications.
- Update and maintain the Hughson Municipal Code.
- Custodian of City records.
- Election Official
- Recruit and hire employees for all departments.
- Administration of health, dental, vision and employee benefits.
- Administration of Job Classification and Compensation Plan.
- Training and motivating employees.
- Rates for water, sewer, and garbage
- Liability and claims processing
- City Safety Program.
- Website Development
- City PCs and Servers
- SB 272 Disclosure of Enterprise System Information
Shannon Esenwein, Finance Director
Phone: (209) 883.4054
The Finance Department is responsible for keeping and reporting the accounting records of the City in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This ensures the fiscal foundation necessary to deliver community services. It provides accurate and timely financial information to the City Manager and the City Council which enables them to make sound business decisions. The Department of Finance is responsible for the City Budget preparation and compliance, accounting and financial reporting, cash management, debt issuance and management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, business licensing, utility billing, central cashiering and sales.
The Finance Department also includes the appointed office of the City Treasurer who oversees the Investment of City Funds.