Welcome to the City of Hughson!
The City of Hughson is a small but prospering agricultural community nestled in the heart of the California’s Central Valley. Although we are a growing community, we still maintain the small hometown feel that long time residents have always associated with the City.
Hughson is the smallest incorporated city in Stanislaus County, but has grown from a population of 3,259 in 1990 to 6,127 in 2011. Hughson is situated to the east of Ceres, to the north of Turlock, and to the southeast of Modesto. According to the State Department of Finance, the Hughson population is currently estimated at 7,118 (January 1, 2014).
More information about the City of Hughson can be obtained on our Hughson History page.
The Winner of the City of Hughson Photo Contest
- General Information: English/Spanish
- Bulky Item Pickup: Two Times Per Year
- Electronic Waste Pickup: Four Times Per Year
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Blue Bag Recycling Pilot Program
- Residential Garbage Pick Up Schedule
- Recycle Used Oil Filters – Free